Sunday, August 30, 2026

14 August 2026 Hollywood: My 1000th Bird!

 


We were going to head back up north then next day so I took a break from packing for a couple of hours and checked out the park on the north end of Dania Beach.  I was still trying to see my 1000th bird.  I had expected to see a shorebird like a sandpiper or plover but as it turned out I saw a Spot-breasted Oriole.  I took the long route over to the park by going one Hollywood Beach Blvd and then heading north to getto the park.  Iwas trying to bypass the construction that is on A1A and as lock would have it I was able to see the oriole right next to North Lake in our old stomping grounds.


My 1000th bird was hopping about in the tree and then popped up on top where I could get a picture


A much bigger bird


Iguanas in the trees


Water monitors on the ground


Grrrr


Busy water sports


Brown Pellican


The seaweed is thick here


A sanderling


A semipalmated plover


Ruddy turnstone


Thunderstorms a brewing


A royal tern and a herring gull


A woodchat shrike by Publix 



      
 It has been 4 years and 63 days since we began our Migration