Thursday, August 13, 2026

29 July 2026 Hollywood: A Few New Birds and Meeting Max for Dinner

 


On our drive around Hollywood I heard a new bird and got a picture of it to boot.  It was a Gray Kingbird and that got me thinking of possible new birds to be found at the park on the north end of Dania Beach.  The sandpipers that I was looking for come out at low tide and that worked out just fine as I had some time available in the afternoon.  I did get a new bird there and it was the Semipalmated Sandpiper.  A great pair of new birds as I approach 1000 total birds.


A new kind of invasive lizard species


Red Bellied woodpecker


A starling


The Kingbird has an impressive beak


Nice plumage too


At low tide the wading birds come out


My new sandpiper


The semipalmated sandpiper


Fancy for the beach


Fort Lauderdale to Bangkok


No shortage of hootch


A street food decor


Spich please


Cheers!


Leslie's dish


More salmon!


It was great catching up with Max


We missed him last time and there was much to catch up about


Full moon fever






It has been 4 years and 47 days since we began our Migration