Monday, June 20, 2016

Durnstein

Approaching Dernstein by bike was very cool. We were between the road and the river and it was very intimate with the Danube. The rock formations were quite craggy and there were  the ruins of a castle up on top of the mountain. A beautiful blue Church spire greeted me as we came into town. I got back to the boat and Leslie and Vera were waiting for me at the front of the boat.  That was great touch. I washed up and had dinner.  A delightful local band came onto the boat. They were a fabulous 5 person band that played classic Austrian marches, waltzes and polkas. We all had a great great time!

Vineyards
Getting closer 
In sight 
The castle 
Craggy 
Rocks

 Durnstein 
Blue Church 
Back on board
After dinner photos 
Setting up 
Sounding great 
Go man go!
Its a euphonium 
Tuba
Beers for all the band members 
Playing even better with beer 
My sweetie 
Kim joins the band