Wednesday, July 12, 2023

11 July 2023 Sunderland: More Walks Along the Seaside

 


While Leslie was dancing her Zumba I took a fast walk down further than we had gone before.  She danced for over an hour while did the 3.5 mile walk.  I saw a bird that I was sure was a new lifebird but all the sites are saying it is something different!  I returned and we made some lunch of our leftover lamb and then took another walk along the seaside in the afternoon.  We had seen the funky spherical wooden structures from above but this time we got down on their level.  Such elaborate constructions, they open up and are little kiosks for selling coffee and such.  At that end of the walkway we found an entrance to Roker Park.  We strolled into the park and to our delight we found a waterfall.   Some more megandering and we were back at the seaside watching the Terns dive into the water.  


Reminds me of Florida, look behind you as you go or rain may be sneaking up


Some dunes being protected


The dunes are working


A fine cottage


The end of my walk


Metal detecting is a global thing


It may be an immature Northern Wheatear but I am not convinced


A happy dog


Meadow Pipit


What Roker beach used to be


Crowds like we have not seen!


The cliff faces before going into Roker Park


The gate into Roker Park under the road


Out to the North Sea


A pedestrian bridge


A very secure gate


A fine waterfall




Stairs to where?


So many walkways


The large spherical pods 


Oi indeed!


We three pods are all sitting right here


With the pods, it's me and my dear


Carved out of the rocks, wet butt seating


This one is a dry butt


The Terns are fishing



It has been 1 year and 36 days since we began our Migration