Saturday, July 13, 2024

11 July 2024 Copenhagen: Another Gin Bar in a Series of Denmark's Gin Bars

 


Our esteemed mixologist at Duck and Cover was named Simon.  Simon says he is from Denmark via Thailand with a British father and a Danish mother.  Prior to getting to the Duck and Cover, I had to pick up my camera from the repair shop.  We took the M4 to Gamla Strad.  Here it was a short walk to the camera store but it was raining so Leslie stayed at the station and I went to get the camera with t he umbrella to keep me dry.  It was not ready but it would be soon so I walked back and checked in with Leslie and then back to the camera store.  This time it was ready and it was in perfect working order.  I passed by a jazz band four times in the process and saw that they had three saxophones on stage. No time to listen.  Next we took the M2 out to Duck and Cover.  Here we were able to add four new gins to the book!  It was like an old 1970's man cave with wooden walls and brown leather seating.  We had fun and a ate kick ass snack platter.  The platter was so big that we even brought some of the snausages and olives back home with us.



A Saxophone band at the Hojbro Plads


It was raining and I was on a mission to get my camera so no stopping


Camera repair shop in sight!


Street of many colors


I saw this guy at the light


He paused and let me get the picture with him smiling


Otto knows!


Anyone home?


Distressed on purpose?


Looks nice with the rose bush 


A wise man starts with Navy Strength


Nibble we will


#2 and #3 new gins


Thank you may I have another


We spilt this last GnT


Snokkered!


Big cubes


Very mid-century modern 


The plant was thirsty too


Nice decorations on the side of this building


We dodged a bullet by skipping this concert.  It was a bring your kids so they can sing and dance along with the band.  Not our style of concert


Book store


Another bike person carrier


Back home soaking up the sun and watching all the watercraft go by


Sliver of a moon 


The air was very clear and crisp



It has been 2 years and 36 days since we began our Migration