Thursday, July 7, 2022

7 July 2022 Olympic National Park WA

 


Word about Port Angeles is that the best time to go to the top of Hurricane Ridge is in the morning.  I made a thermos of tea and Robert and I headed up to the top, 5200 feet.  There was a line at the ranger station waiting for the bathroom to open at 10 AM.  I was not the only one drinking tea. We walked a trail up a bit and through the trees.  If I had brought a map I would have stopped to consult said map often on the way up.  Instead, I just stopped to catch my breath, my flatlander lungs are less efficient up at altitude.  We could see Mount Olympus off in the distance and wonder about its residents.  


I brought along my portraiturist 


Eco-layers


Hurricane Ridge with Mount Olympus in the background


Tiny Lupins


Top of the morning to you all


Green as far as the eye can see


A patchwork of colors


A delicate bloom dappled in dew


Straight Conifers


and bent


Regular busses and stretch busses


The fog lay thick in the valley


And us the side of the hill too


Brisk and beautiful


Blue green and mountainous


After I suggested a 10 mile hike, Robert is skeptical of my trail skills










It has been 33 days since we began our Migration.