Thursday, May 30, 2024

30 May 2024 Nagano: A Early Morning Birding Walk Along the Hiro River

 



We hit the hay very early the previous evening so when I woke up early I decided to head out a look at birds.  It was a bit chilly but I had long sleeves and the sun was beaming.  I walked a total of 2 miles starting a 7 AM and ending at 8.  I saw several birds and one new lifebird.   Then I got breakfast for me and smuggled something up for Leslie who was trying to get more sleep.





























A lifebird a bull headed shrike


Bull Headed Shrike


Over the roof is the mountain


The Hiro River is in it's channel


To the east


Very clear morning air to the west


Singing!


Rows of blooms


Reeds with he hill in the background


Purple flowers


A black Kit


To get to these mountains it takes over an hour


Not that long as the kite flies


Great snow capped mountains


This bird stayed on this post for a long time


Off goes the heron


Poppies!


Barn Swallows


Great acrobatic fliers


The tail looks like a butterfly


Such a beautiful bird


Iridescent blue


Bell towers all over town


Iron towers


Onion patch


Pigeons


Shelf fungus right by the hotel.


It has been 1 year and 360 days since we began our Migration