Monday, July 10, 2017

After breakfast and before a trip to the pink dolphins

We did not see Carol at breakfast, however I did see her on the river. It turns out she spent five and a half after hours out there bird watching! Leslie and I met at the dining Hut for breakfast and leisurely had some tea and browsed the bird books while  I described my trip of the morning. I suggested we go back to the tree house and perhaps I can take a nap. I was able to sleep thankfully because I needed it. I was writing down my experiences in a journal because I was unable to blog during this time period. That was just what it took to put me to sleep. I woke up and we watched the birds and the insects from our tree house. There was a most interesting dragonfly that had its two hind wings hang low and they had white spots on them. It a very leisurely wing beat of his flying and we were fascinated by this insect. I also saw two very large solitary Eagles at the top of the trees. They were as big as a turkey vultures and all brown with grunting like calls. Once again they were too fast for my reflexes and my camera. When we headed back down we saw the workers playing soccer in a muddy field. We were already impressed with their athletic strength but to see them play with such gusto really amazed us.
Very pretty bamboo with different streaks of color

A tiny snail we saw on the walkway 

It's that tiny

On the walkways and stairs

You have to strain to see Leslie at the end of this hanging walkway bridge. This is the one that leads right to our treehouse

Fritz the author as seen through the Mists of his sleepiness 

Big Trees everywhere

Leslie at the end of the covered walkway. I am at the top of the stair tree

Soccer time