Sunday, June 23, 2019

Lunch in Los Andes

As we left the winery we took the back roads. It's so nice to see how the locals live and see the progression of housing a from traditional to modern.  It's great just be on a country road instead of the hustle and bustle of the highway. Leo took us to a lovely family restaurant. The restaurant is adjacent to the family home and the whole family was there working. Mom, Dad, a teenage son and two little kids were all there. Leo and I had pork ribs with potatoes and Leslie had chicken with potatoes. The layout was quite funky with old antiques and such.  I saw old sewing machines. radios and old-time phones. There were indoor tables and outdoor tables and we just really enjoyed it. We got to speak to the owner and he offered me some homemade hooch made from pomegranates. I declined seeing as I had already had some wine at the winery and also had a nice Errazuriz wine there for lunch.  We we're unable to book a tour for the Errazuriz Winery so it's good that I got a chance to try it.

Our lunch spot


Here we are ordering our tasty lunch Leo Leslie and I


I had a split of Cabernet Sauvignon for lunch


Putting the old in old timey sewing machine


Another item of The Eclectic mix of artifacts that they had


Perhaps one of the first steam irons


The entrance way leading into the courtyard that was the dining room


Looking inside from the front entrance


Los Andes welcome sign


The mud brick oven that they cooked our lunch is in


Papi and is homemade Hooch