Friday, June 28, 2019

Post breakfast snorkel

Since the day was just so fabulous our routine became snorkel, pool, sunbathe, snorkel, pool, sunbathe, eat, drink, snorkel, pool, sunbathe. The wind was very low they were very few clouds and we could not think of any better place to be than where we were. We got to know some neighbors as they kayak to buy and it just happened that a giant eel was swimming by at the same time.

Mini boats slow down as they pass the presidential Villa. We could hear their commentary and we always gave him a good wave


The picture of this moray eel was taken from outside of the water! The water was so clear and calm I could get this shot


Leslie saw this white tip reef shark and again took a picture from our deck


It's been awhile since I studied the names of tropical fish so I will call this a lizard fish. I will make up any name I feel reasonable moving on from here


This one was striped yellow and black


This one was pale with a Funny squared-off Mouth


Like the orange drink I believe this is a Tang


These guys were tiny and I think they were a kind of cleaner fish


There was a rainbow of colors for these clams. All very iridescent blues and greens and browns


Off in the distance we can see through this very clear water


A stand-up paddle boarder went by and I tried to get the half water half in the air picture here


The angelfish was skittish and I had to chase it to get the picture


This is a cute little type of seahorse. It was maybe 1/3 of an inch wide and 6 inch long at the most


Iridescent greens and oranges in the stripes


Further out on the reef were Standalone Coral heads. Each one of the coral heads had a school of these bright blue fish.


I saw many different colors of coral and this was bright purple


At the reef by our villa this was the largest school that we saw


I've seen these called pipefish or flute fish. They were about 3 ft long and we could see them from outside the water as well


When I snorkeled underneath the Villas there were different types of fish that lived in the shadows


These greenish fish were the same as the bright blue ones. They stayed around the coral heads and when you approachd them they would retreat back into crevasses


Two different colors of the giant clams. They would also Retreat back into their shells if they sensed you were getting close


I think these are a type of angelfish


 Another pipe fish or flute fish or trumpet fish I'm not quite sure


This gives you an idea of how clear the water was and how nice our Reef was