Saturday, September 18, 2021

18 Sep 2021 NYC




 We enjoyed our stay at the TWA motel here at JFK airport. It was a little tricky getting breakfast but that didn't matter as we slept in as long as we possibly could. Then it was a simple walk over to the sky train and back to terminal 8 to the fancy 1st class lounge at JFK. I indulged in some day drinking. On the suggestion of TB Tony I went ahead and drank some Woodford whiskey! I'm not a whiskey drinker due to my initial experience with old grand dad whiskey back in the day. I will say no more about those experiences! After that I hit the wine bar.   A fine Napa Valley Cab helped me get loose enough to get some sleep on the flight.



The exterior of the tunnel 


The tunnel from the side


The aforementioned tunnel


Lots of formed concrete 


Connie is the name of the plane / cocktail lounge


This is the TWA Hotel


Show me the way to to the next whiskey bar...


First class lounge



Sipping the good stuff