Tuesday, September 21, 2021

20 Sep 2021 Paris Dinner

 


We had hoped that we would be able to find a sidewalk café anywhere, on the spur of the moment, and stop for drinks or dinner.  That is exactly what we have been able to do.  Paris is café city.  No matter where you are walking, you are walking right by a café.  This was our dinner location and it was superb.  I got all adventurous and ordered Steak Tartar which is raw beef for the uninitiated.  I was a little disappointed in the lack of flavor but it was filling.  We were warned ahead of time that rain was on its way and we might not want to sit outside.  Since sitting inside would deprive us of the moving fashion show that is Paris, we decided to risk it and stay in our outside table.  with our drinks I ordered an Americano aperitif.  The ratio of drink to bitters was a bit to tilted towards the bitters so I will not be ordering that again.  


This is how the menu was presented to us.  I understand that we are not spring chickens, but this has to stop.  Don't make me get out my phone out during dinner.


So they brought out the old folks menu
This is a menu that I can read and understand!


Bitter Drink and Doritos!!!


Fashion Shoe exhibit #1, Leather Jacket, a skirt and lightning bolds on the calves


Steak Tartar


Salmon five ways


Miss Leslie on a pedestal


Laura Jean!