Tuesday, September 28, 2021

27 September 2021 Chateau de la Bourdaisiere and on to Bordeaux


Back to the gardens!  We had our breakfast and then went back out to see the gardens.  No rain this time!  I am getting used to the car and its high tech foibles.  Heaven forbid that a passenger unbuckles while the car is driving.  The alarm that goes off is enough to cause an accident.  It is a smooth drive and the 10 km/hr (81mph) is easy in this car.  I have two navigators so we have  not made a wrong turn yet!  Huzzah!



This si the spread that they gave us.  We wrapped up half to take it with us.


Baguette it up!



On and on the tomatoes go


I will see you later in my order of escargot


Slugs are crawling around as well


Melons?


A delightful pink color


Almost as big as my head


Huge blooms


All three are almost in the picture


The tomato bar in the middle of the tomato field


I will not put up all the pictures I took


Just the first thousand pictures


There was a huge variety in sizes


Also a huge variety on textures


Leslies favorite!


This table is one giant slab of wood


Another slab


Trumpets?


In this picture you can see the differences


Black tomatoes