Wednesday, September 22, 2021

21 Sep 2021 Paris Dinner by the La Caves du Louvre

 


During the wine tasting neither Laura nor Leslie were big fans of the two reds that we were given.  So they politely sipped until the sommelier giving us the tour turned away  Then they both poured their wine into my glass.  This is not your standard "splash of wine in your glass" type of wine tasting.  No it was a half glass at a time tasting.  By the time I drank all my wine and all theirs, I was feeling very good.  We decided that a café was the best choice for dinner and lucky for me we did not walk far to get to La Taverne de L'Arbe Sec.  We had a fine dinner here and I volunteered to take pictures of the Paris fashions as they walked past. I got a sweet and sour pork chop, Leslie got a shrimp pad Thai and Laura got a grilled chicken sandwich.  All of these items were very tasty as has been out experience all the time we have been here.


Dinner is just  a short walk away


Have wine and ready for dinner


Pad Thai with Shrimps


Fries cooked in a teeny tiny fryer


That was one tasty pork chop


Yet another quintessential Paris street


Not sure what it means but I liked the sign