Sunday, September 26, 2021

26 September 2021 Paris off to the Loire Valley

 


We had to check out at 10 AM and so I went out to get the car around 9:30.  As I was walking to the parking garage I noticed cars driving erratically.  They would drive forward a block, slow down and then drive forward again.  Looking closer I see that there are lots of barriers closing off the streets.  It turns out that there is a 10K going on and all the streets surrounding our apartment are closed off.  I had to plot a way to get back to the apartment.  I started two blocks away and had to drive 10 blocks out and then back to get to out apartment.  I got within a block and a half when I was stopped by more barriers.  I explained that we were staying on the next block over and I had to pick up the bags.  No dice with the guys manning the gates.  I asked if I could just park the car and they said OK  So I had to walk over to the apartment and we all had to lug the luggage back to the car.  By the time it was all moved over and loaded into the car, I was a ball of sweat.  Off with the bow tie, reapply deodorant and off we go.  It was tricky as so many streets were closed off.  Thanks for GPS and google maps because we would have been driving around Paris for hours.  

The things one sees early on a Sunday morning in Paris 


The stage that they had been assembling for the last few days is taking shape


And they build covered walkways along the side