Thursday, December 9, 2021

9 December 2021 Santiago Chile : Shoo-Gun Restaurant

 


We tried to get reservations at this place before we left but they never responded.  Not to be deterred, we walked by there today to verify that they were actually open.  Since we now had certainty, we went there for dinner.  6 PM may be considered a late lunch around these parts so once again we had the entire restaurant to ourselves.  I had some difficulty in ordering as not everything on the menu was available.  I had a list of six or seven items to order but at least half were not available.   Add to that the Japanese accented Spanish of our waitress was quite problematic for me.  So when my plate of food arrived I had no idea if it was what I ordered or not, but ate it anyway. 




I could identify the salmon (it still had a layer of fat on it). the eel sushi roll, the ikura (salmon roe) and I had to look up the other fish.  It is a palometa or harvest fish.  


A different take on Chirashi 


The sushi bar


See you Shoo-gun