Friday, July 20, 2018

Goodnight Copenhagen

As we walked back from the Tivoli we passed the round tower in the fading light of the afternoon. Since it was our last night we there last night we took this time to pack and get everything ready. While we were packing we heard a gentleman play some fabulous piano music on the street right outside of our window. We clapped a couple times and he couldn't tell what was going on so I went out and said hi.  I gave him some money and said hi to his dog.  While I did that I pointed so he could see Leslie waving. We really appreciated his music. Then we walked over to a food hall.  This food hall reminded us of Finland when at 5 o'clock everything shut down. Only here it was 7 o'clock and everything shut down. We walked back to the apartment and had a quick bite at the pizza place that is just below the apartment.  I haven't mentioned this before but had 5 PM and at 8 AM in the morning loud church bells would rng for a total of 5 minutes. I didn't start my stopwatch as they started but I noticed they were still ringing at 4 and a half minutes into it. It must be some sort of start of the day end of the day, start drinking stop drinking thing.  I'm not quite sure but in the morning it was a lot to have to sit through.

Another great Copenhagen Square

The secret passage saved us 15 minutes walking

The round tower was a landmark for this location. It stood out it was tall it was easily found and it was only a block away from the apartment


He probably played for three full hours

At first he thought I was going to tell him to quit playing. Instead I told how much we enjoyed it

His dog walked around and check out the side walk while he was playing

The sun sets on our time in Copenhagen

Keep moving the piano recital is over

Looks good

Too late its 7:01