Saturday, July 14, 2018

Leaving Riga and another great dinner

We were able to sit on our deck as we left Riga, the rain had finally stopped. It cleared out the air so I was able to take pictures with as many spires as I could. There were several large dock areas with many cranes working simultaneously. There was a very cool Viking boat sculpture. Very odd stacking of vehicles maybe a sculpture maybe an actual vehicle? Then we had a fabulous dinner.  Leslie got the Beehive which had raw shrimp, fish and veal all together with several dipping sauces.  There were two sections of each type so I got half of it! I got a hot octopus dish for appetizers. Leslie got a lobster tail for dinner and I had a Madagascar giant shrimp with seared tuna for my dinner. My dinner was so good I ordered up a second one! Which I ate while Leslie had dessert. We had great jazz musicians entertaining us throughout dinner. The Jazz Singer took a break and came over to Leslie and said "you know all the words, why don't you sing with us tomorrow". I'm sure she was just joking but they invited us to the rehearsal just to check out our skill level.
We have pushed off from the dock

Nine spires can be seen in the single picture

Or maybe this picture

The Russian influence is strong

A crazy den of activity

A cool sculpture of a Viking boat

This is the way out

As we got closer I could see that they were unloading train cars of coal and loading ships with the coal

What the what what!

Elegance at the Silver Note

Get ready for fine dining

Octopus with Aji peppers

The beehive

Lobster tail

Tuna shrimp tuna shrimp yummy

An explosion of tasty dessert items

Kim from Cape Town
                         Dee Dee and Kim