Thursday, July 11, 2019

Exploring the grounds

Right off the bat we were amazed at the flora and fauna. Day geckos, exotic birds, big spiders and wasps oh my! We also enjoyed riding in our buggy. It took some getting used to because they drive on the left-hand side here. We narrowly avoided a head on collision, albeit a low-speed collision, by adjusting to the correct side of the road.  I have noticed in countries that drive on the left-hand side they also seem to follow that same behaviour while walking. When approaching head on the lefties will immediately veer to my right. Of course that is the direction I veer as well. I've never noticed this before but I experienced it in New Zealand,  Australia and now in the Seychelles too.


Very cool crab


Day gecko seen from our outdoor shower 


They have these Tortoises here


Giant Tortoise that is


A skink seen from the outdoor shower 


So cute 


This bird would pluck the flowers and then drink from the end


Magpies everywhere 


A 4 inch spider



A fruit bat


This magpie had a perch right in front of our deck


I was tracking this bird but it was flying strangely, Drone!


These are tropic  birds


They are very acrobatic 


I tried and tried to get a good picture


But they are too fast. They have long tail feathers that trail our almost twice their body length


the fruit bats heads are orange red 


They are three feet tall with a five foot wingspan.