Sunday, July 21, 2019

Time for Lunch then off we go

We had passed this funky restaurant, Yard and Coop, earlier the day before.  It is chicken themed and the idea of some wings worked on my psyche. So it was perfect for our last Liverpool lunch. Leslie ordered drumsticks and when the order arrived it had five fried chicken legs. That was some of the best Fried Chicken ever. If Vera Leip was not reading this blog I would say it was the best fried chicken we ever had. Since she will read this we will call it a tie. Leslie's mum's recipe is very similar to this and that's why we rate it so high. Apparently the owners traveled the US trying different fried chicken recipes and used that experience to perfect this recipe. I ordered the hot chicken wings with the special scotch bonnet sauce. The sauce itself is kept behind lock and key. I ordered up 15 wings and it was very sauced up. In no time I got to sweattng and my nose started running. No sweat came out of my ears so it was not crazy hot! But it was still very hot! They were so impressed with my wing eating prowess that they gave me a ceremonial bottle of hot sauce to go with our lunch. We had a great time and great service and the food was outstanding.



Scoundrels and Gentlemen 


Which one an I?  Perhaps both


Here we are for lunch


Chicken motif is everywhere 


My new hot sauce 


Chicken wire was used for making little chicken coops for the customers 


Shan, Faye and everyone made us feel so at home


Inside this egg crate is our bill


Lauren was so energetic and a great server